Who Is Glen Hellman? Predictive Index Personality Assesment
People often ask me Who is Glen Hellman? Who is this Mr Cranky? What makes him tick? So today, I’m going to share with you something very personal. I’m going to share the answer to, who is Glen Hellman, according to the Predictive Index. I’m going to share with you my operating system… my hard wiring.
In my coaching, I use the Predictive Index (PI), a well respected Personality Assesment tool. The Predictive Index accurately measures a person’s traits, our hard wiring. When a person understands how they are “wired,” they understand what roles are best for them. When they understand how they and others are wired, it makes for better communications and a better relationship. When they look at potential new employees they have a better understanding is this person a good fit for this seat.
So who is Glen Hellman? He’s Mr Cranky, He’s an Executive Coach, a Leadership Peer Group Facilitator and a Predictive Index Ambassador. According to PI this is the answer to who is Glen Hellman. Here are my results of the Predictive Index assessment.
Glen’s PI Pattern is extremely wide, which means that his behaviors are very strongly expressed and his needs are very strongly felt. Glen has multiple behavioral traits that fall into this category.
Glen will most strongly express the following behaviors:
- Strongly venturesome in taking risks and focusing on the future; he’s almost exclusively concerned with where he’s going rather than either how he’ll get there, or where he’s been. Very adaptable; solves problems as they occur rather than through advance planning.
- Makes decisions and takes action, even when there’s an absence of proof confirming his decision. Comfortable operating outside of traditions, he pursues strongly innovative ideas, even in the face of failures or popular opposition.
- Remarkably independent. Resists authority and proven, ‘by the book’ methods in favor of his own ideas. Intense proactivity and aggressiveness in driving to reach his goals. Actively and boldly challenges the world, his business, and even others’ areas within his business.
- Strongly independent in putting forth his own ideas, which are innovative and original, and if implemented, will change the organization. Resourceful and forceful in overcoming obstacles, he vigorously and directly attacks problems; fights back hard when challenged.
- Incredibly strong sense of urgency; he’s in nearly constant motion, putting pressure on himself and others for immediate results. Unable to do routine work. Extremely informal, extraverted, and outgoing; gets familiar very soon after you meet him. Communicates effusively, flexibly, and engagingly; draws others into the conversation.
- Almost exclusively focused on people, building relationships, and teamwork rather than technical matters.
- Uninhibited; very open and trusting in sharing his thoughts and in asking personal questions.
Not interested in the details; delegates them freely. Needs unstructured projects where flexibly working with people, and a focus on the goals rather than the plans, is necessary.
Glen is a very independent, confident, decisive, self-starter, intense and driving. He has a strong sense of urgency, can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions, generate novel ideas, and deal with them swiftly.
His drive is directed at getting the things done which he believes need to be done. Competitive, ambitious and venturesome, he responds positively and actively to challenge and pressure, always sure of his ability to handle problems and people. Glen is an outgoing and poised person, a forceful, animated, communicator tending to be more authoritative than persuasive in his style. He talks briskly, with assurance and conviction and is a stimulating influence on others, while being direct, determined and flexible in dealing with them.
He is sure of the value of his own judgments and opinions and persistent in defending them if put under pressure to change them. He will question and challenge established company policies or systems and strive to prove in action the value of his own ideas for change.
More concerned with the achievement of goals than he is with the details of how things get done, Glen will freely delegate to others with loose follow-up, but with demand and pressure for timely results. Ingenious and venturesome, he will become restless and dissatisfied if required to work under close control or to do work which is routine or highly structured. Very much a generalist, Glen is more concerned with the strategies involved in reaching his goals than with specific or detailed tactics.
As a manager of people or projects, Glen will be:
- Broadly focused, fast moving, and aggressive in pursuit of his own goals
- Eager to delegate details and implementation plans, leaving him to focus on new ideas
Reluctant to delegate true authority; he will eagerly discuss ideas with others and enjoys that process; however,
his inner conviction is often too strong to convince him to change his mind
- His follow-up is quick and cursory; Glen is likely to consider details minutia – impediments to focusing on the bigger picture
- Constantly looking to improve performance and ability to compete; willing to try radically new solutions and innovative approaches
- An influential and stimulating team leader – encouraging others to look at things from entirely new perspectives; relentless in his pursuit of change and creativity
- Direct, spontaneous, and opinionated – quick to voice his opinion of how things are going.
As an influencer, Glen will be:
- Authoritative and enthusiastic in driving the process towards the goal; a ‘no-holds barred’ approach
- Motivated to keep the process moving along as quickly as possible; comfortable thinking on his feet and spontaneously removing barriers to success; focused on the end result
- Willing to take risks; unabashedly enthusiastic about unconventional or innovative methods to solve problems and gain agreement
- Better at influencing others about intangibles such as ideas or concepts than highly specialized or detail-oriented tangibles
- Strong at gaining agreement; comfortable taking the risks associated with asking for the decision after only general discussions of what the problem is and how to solve it; not focused on implementation details
- Driven, competitive, and independent; prefers to make decisions with unrestricted leeway and authority.
To maximize his effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction, consider providing Glen with the following:
- High levels of autonomy and flexibility in his job
- Ample opportunity for expression of and action on his own ideas and initiative
- Variety, challenge, responsibility, and opportunities to prove himself
- Recognition, advancement and tangible rewards for success
So, who is Glen Hellman? I’m Glen Hellman and I’m a business coach. I help people figure out what to do and get them to do it. Would you like to know what it feels like to work with someone who will help you figure out what to do? Try a complimentary, no-obligation, online coaching session. Schedule your session right now by pressing that little red button down there.