Trustify – The Fat Lady Sings
It ain’t over until the fat lady sings. In the case of Trustify, the fat lady sings. She’s singing loud and clear. With the Danny Boice, Jen Mellon nuptials (look it up in the dictionary, pretend Harvard boy Boice) in shambles, the company being sued by a long line of creditors so long that many people are asking the courts to start a Disney World Fastpass-like service.
As I reported earlier in the week, Boice is contacting anyone with an email address and asking if they want to buy $1 million of his personal worthless shares in a worthless company for $1.50 per share. Basically he’s asking, “who wants to buy -$5.00 shares for $1.50. Nobody… so what’s the next move. Sell the Boice/Mellon estate. Boice needs cash… probably to leave the country!
Just 3 hours ago, the house shoes up listed for sale on Redfin.
Hey! I have a great idea! Let’s schedule our next DC Tech Meetup at this house when they have their next open house!
Also! Make sure you low bid this deal. Danny needs the cash bad… he’s desperate. He is desperate for cash! Low ball him!
If I was one of the long list of creditors that include:
- This deadbeat dad owes his ex-wife over $50 thousand in court fees and back child support
- Dini von Mueffling Communications LLC – Suing for $240 thousand
- Eight former employees, Matthew Scott, Elisabeth Nugent, Kevin Wiggins, Stacy Blackburn, Bey Wesley, Matthew Blanchard, Bernadette Vielhaber and Andrew Little – Suing for $35 thousand – (see the filing here and here’s an article)
- Buckley Sandler LLP,
- Kastle Systems
- JBG Smith Properties
- Court Judgement, $7,250 against him from Northern Virginia cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon Suzanne Kim Doud Galli
- Multiple contract Private Investigators – Estimated to be in excess of over $150 thousand
I’d jump on this now and see what legal options I had to attach the proceeds to the sale.
Oh and by the way, if I was one of the asleep-at-the-wheel, loser investors in Trustify… you know the idiots who lack basic due diligence skills and obviously have no idea how to use google, you bought that house! Danny Boice and Jen Mellon thank you!
Who are these moron investors?
- 500 Startups – No surprise here. They were stupid enough o co-invest with me in Spinnakr
- Adam Besvinick – Anchorage Capital Group
- Alex Waislitz – Thorney Investment
- Alexandra Stanton – Empire Global Ventures
- Andrea Turner Moffitt – Plum Alley
- Andy Powers – With a Record of Bank Fraud, Securities Fraud, Embezzlement,
- Avez Rizvi – A perfect investment for a douchebag who wears google glass in his profile photo.
- Barbara Corcoran – I didn’t know sharks were bottom feeders? More of a catfish tank.
- Brad Feld – Yes, that Brad Fucking Mr. Geniuous Feld of the Foundry Group
- Chance Barnett – Crowdfunder
- Christopher Sacca – Lowercase Capital
- Crowdfunder Partners
- Dean Parker – Former and Disgraced Campaign Manager for Ben Carson (see article)
- Deborah Jackson – Plum Alley
- Douglas Peredniarew Montgomery – Mesa Ventures
- Elizabeth Galbut – Innovation Factory
- Eric Lederman – L3 Capital Partners
- Eric Menk – Emerging Growth Equity Partners
- Forefront Venture Partners
- Gelt Venture Capital
- Henry Kaestner – Sovereign’s Capital
- Ita Ekpoudom – Tigress Ventures
- Jackson Dahl – Lowercase Capital
- Jacob Shea – Structure Capital
- Jeff Rich – Plum Tree Partners
- Jillian Manus – Structure Capital
- Joe Tadros – Proof that graduating from the best law school does not make you a smart investor. Yale
- Justin Caldbeck – Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Kam Desai – MomentSnap
- Katie Talati – Crowdfunder
- Lowercase Capital
- Martin Casey – Rampersand
- Phil Nadel – Forefront Venture Partners
- Pilot Grove
- Plum Alley
- Pocket Sun – SoGal Ventures
- Seed Invest
- SLOW Ventures (Great name for a dumb investor or they could call them self Short Bus Ventures)
- Structure Capital
- Tim Lee – Criminal Crook and Former CFO of Company found to be fraudulent by the state of VA, Communiclique
- Will Quist – Slow Ventures (AKA Short Bus Ventures)
This thing is so over. Yes, at Trustify the fat lady sings!
Disclaimer: I volunteer my time and am an independent contractor for many organizations. The Views on my blog post are my own and do not represent the views of any of the organizations with whom I dedicate my time. That includes my clients in my coaching practice, the members of my Driven Forward ThinkTank, the University of Maryland. Mach37, The Founders Institute. These views also do not reflect the opinions for any organization that I was formerly associated with including, James Monroe Elementary School, where I graduated with distinction from 6th grade, Lexitron which I left in 1982, Montgomery Youth Hockey or Vistage an organization was grateful to be a part of and of which I happily parted ways in 2014.