Running Total Of Danny Boice Malfeasance
Danny Boice and Trustify Issues Audit
- Cheater – Danny Boice was fired from The College Board – according to multiple sources his transgressions included:
- inflated expense reports including expensed visits to strip joints (2 sources)
- hiring contractors that were employed by a company of Danny’s at inflated prices (3 sources)
- when he was fired from The College Board a document/manifesto was distributed to all College Board employees, documenting many of his transgressions. (3 Sources)
- See College Board Manifesto document
- Unemployable – Danny Boice was fired from Speek, a company he co-founded for multiple infractions but the final infraction was that Danny disappeared for several days in Las Vegas. His then-wife was so worried she filed a missing persons report with the police. When he finally appeared, undamaged, he had charged $40,000 on his Speek credit card. Speek investors lost everything on Speek when it went under largely due to Danny’s embezzlement and incompetence. Speek funded Danny’s lifestyle but investors lost everything. I’m sure the Speek investors were delighted to fund Danny’s lost weekend. (multiple sources although the exact number $40,000 was from one source).
- People Who Know Say No – Virginia CIT Gap Fund is very familiar with Danny Boice. They invested in him when they invested in Speek. Virginia CIT Gap Fund, the state of Virginia’s Venture Fund that funds a large percentage of companies based in Virginia like Trustify and funded Speek, did not invest in Danny and Trustify. The CIT Gap Fund has barely met a start-up located in Virginia they don’t like yet they don’t like nor did they invest in that Dumpster fire run by Danny Boice. You know why? CIT Gap Fund is not the definition of a stupid investor. (Fact) NextGen Ventures invested in Speek and refused to invest in Danny again. (Fact)
- Loser – No company that Danny has ever founded or in which he’s been a major executive has ever had an exit that provided any positive cash return to its investors. For instance, the Speek investors lost every penny they invested. No investor has ever made money by investing in a company run by Danny Boice. Yet Danny Boice has made enough money from running companies into the ground to afford a lifestyle of the rich and famous. (Fact and for lifestyle info, see Item #8). Speek a company that raised over $8 million in venture financing was acquired (actually an acquihire) purchased by Jive Software. for $150 thousand with the cash going to the employees that went to work for Jive. Danny Boice and no investors received a dime (Source Court Documents Jive Software vs. Andy Powers).
- Liar – Danny routinely is caught in lies. He is a verified liar (see post). (Fact)
- Uneducated – Danny has no academic accomplishments of note…. none…. nada ZIP! That’s okay but he constantly tries to inflate his lack of accomplishments to make it look like he actually has a brain. He use to tell people he was a Harvard Grad, when he got called out on that changed his story to being a Harvard dropout and finally was forced by me to admit he took a low-bar, anyone with a credit card allowed, course at Harvard Extension School He still tries to defraud people into thinking he’s not a college drop out from James Madison (he likely flunked out and didn’t just drop out. see this post). Danny routinely tries to pretend that his academic accomplishments aren’t as sad as his lack of business success (See excerpts from his linked in the picture below). Any moron like Danny, with a credit card can take a not-for-credit, online, or extension course. Proof, this lying thieving moron does it below. It means nothing. But to people who don’t do research are impressed. (Fact)
- Unfaithful – Danny cheated on his first wife, Joanne with her best friend Jen Mellon. Jen was also married at the time and not to Danny. Jen who pretends to be a co-founder of the company and Danny who pretends to be a man were as faithful to their former spouses as they are to their former and current investors. They cheat on them too! In fact, the timeline of these marriages is interested. Danny impregnates Jen, Danny Marries Jen. Then Danny’s divorce with Joanne, his first wife is finalized. I think you call that bigamy (Fact).
- Living Large For a Poor Boy – During his divorce, Danny claimed to the court that he was poor. Loudon County VA court records reflect that because Danny was poor, he was not forced to pay any child support and only $700 per month to the wife with whom he betrayed. He had several financial judgments against him for nonpayment of rent and for failing to pay a plastic surgeon for a nose job. Yet his lifestyle is not that of someone who is broke. Is this the lifestyle of someone who should pay minimum alimony?
- In July Danny bought a beach house in Sea Isle NJ (Verified Fact). The house located as 14 73rd Street West Unit, Sea Isle City, NJ 08243, Purchase price- $1,275,000
- In November 2015 he bought a $1.7 million house (A Verified Fact)
- Drives a shiny new Tesla (A Verified Fact)
- Has 5 kids and sends his youngest child through his first marriage and his two stepchildren to exclusive expensive private schools (estimated cost $70,000 per year). (Two Sources)
- Takes more than 6 weeks vacations per year to Europe, The Islands sometimes using a private jet. (Two Sources)
- Has a chauffeur/bodyguard, former Alexandria Police Officer, first name Russ, (multiple sources)
- Mortgage Fraud – Danny and Jennifer Committed Mortgage Fraud when they purchased their houses in NJ. (Two Sources)
- Empty Threats – Boice threatened to sue me if I didn’t retract anything I wrote about him and didn’t follow through. This indicates he’s trying to repress the truth about his larcenous, incompetence through intimidation. It also indicates he is afraid that if we went to court the truth would indict him. Danny can’t afford to take this case to open court where his history of cheating people will be recorded in the public record. So far he’s not followed up. Although I’ve invited him and am inviting him to bring it on! (A Verified Fact)
- Inability To Maintain Relationships with Legal Representation – These bozos keep changing lawyers…. are they failing to pay their bills (I hear they stiff many of their vendors) or do the Attorney’s figure out they are working for thieves and refuse to continue to degrade themselves? Or maybe he’s just trying to create a conflict with any possible lawyer that could competently represent an aggrieved party seeking to sue Trusstify. Law firms that Trustify has used in less than 3 years include: (Verified Fact)
- King and Spalding
- DLA Piper
- Conti Fenn & Lawrence
- Jackson Lewis
- Cooley LLP
- Clare Locke LLP
- Sevila, Saunders, Huddleston & White
- Aubrey Mitchell PLLC
- Buckley Sanders LLP
- Clare Locke LLP
- Unregulated Business in a Regulated Market – The Trustify business is under attack in multiple states for not being licensed as private detectives in those states. In fact, if you’re a reputable Private Investigator, defined as an investigator that will not work for Trustify, in the state of Virginia, you should contact the Virginia Private Investigators and Security Association (VA PISA). This association and the associations in many other states are working to shut down Trustify’s unlicensed business. You can contact them via this link. (Reported to me by Nicole Gray a respected Private Investigator and the President of VA PISA)
- Regulatory Issues – See that little red part there? Looks like the State of Virginia just may be shutting down this unlicensed private investigation service.
Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services Private
Security Services Advisory Board.
Excerpt from the FINAL Meeting Minutes dated September 27, 20017
Trustify Report – Mr. Rodney Budd and Mr. Michael Ashley
Trustify is a company operating out of northern Virginia for several years, soliciting private investigation business in the Commonwealth of Virginia; without a DCJS business license. The private investigation industry is concerned about the unlicensed activity and what is being done to stop this conduct and prevent them from soliciting business from other regulated industries. This is creating contention and dismay amongst the private investigation industry. As PSSAB private investigator representatives, the industry is looking to them for representation to DCJS and answer(s) as to what is being done in this matter. It is front and center on Ms. Ecker’s desk.
Ms. Fran Ecker advised that DCJS has received the complaint through her office, the investigation and Ms. Ecker’s review/decision are completed; and the administrative findings of the investigation have been communicated to Trustify. DCJS has engaged the Agency’s council at the Office of the Attorney General in representing DCJS’ decision. DCJS is not at liberty to publicly share the decision until the adjudication process is done.(See Actual PDF Document here)
- Abandon Ship – Trustify has nearly a 100% employee turnover rate including multiple C-level executives: (Verified Fact)
- Jen Mellon – Soon to be exwife and retroactive cofounder
- JS – Contact CFO who quit after 2 weeks (and one other CFO)
- Megan Drury – Chief of Staff
- Steven Flack – COO
- Heidi Keener – COO
- John Ryan – COO
- KK – VP Sales *
- Greg Filson – VP Business Development
- KM – Content Marketing *
- JG – VP Legal and Regulatory *
- Elliot Susel – VP Product & Technology
- Chris Collins – Product Manager
- Dmitry Parnas – VP Engineering
- Joe Burns – CFO
- Mary Burns – CRO
- Elizabeth Klimp – Cheif of Staff
- Hala Shakra – Product
15. Embarrassed Ex-Employees – Multiple employees have asked to have their names removed from Trustify Posts and hide Trustify as a past employer on their resume and LinkedIn profiles because they believe that being unemployed is better for their career prospects than being employed by a dumpster fire.
16. Female Retroactive Founder Scam – Hiring Jen Mellon in September 2015 (see her employee contract) even though the company was founded 5 months earlier than she came on board they retroactively call her a founder (see Retroactive Co-founder Jen Mellon Post). See exhibit A, the employee contract signature page of employee retroactively turned to co-founder’s Jen Mellon and Exhibit B, An investment pitch from Gust dated late 2015 where there is no listing of Jen Mellon (see this post).(Verified Fact) Many people speculate that this cosmetic change was made in order to court money earmarked for female-owned companies.Exhibit A
17. Female Unfriendly – Trustify pretended that Jen Mellon was a co-founder and upgraded her role in order to improve Trustify’s ability to raise money earmarked for women-led companies. Want to know the definition of a stupid investor? How about Pocket Son and Elizabeth Galbut, the two Bozette (female bozo) investors of SoGal Ventures who think Trustify, which is founded by a scumbag who pretends his wife is a co-founder was a good investment. Hey SoGals…this women-friendly company has multiple reports of sexual harassment and gender bias (FACT! see glass door reviews and in court, I’ve got better documentation Danny Boy and witnesses).18. Cruel and Unusual Employer Behavior – Danny and Jen, fired a single mom while she had just departed two-week vacation to Disney World with her kids. While away, Trustify sent her a termination notice and changed the vacation policy so that this woman’s vacation was unpaid. Happy Vacation kids, your mom is out of work and she doesn’t have the money she thought she had to pay for this vacation.
On another occasion after laying off many staff members because they were not happy about the company’s predatory, immoral practices centered around the Ashley Madison Hack (see next item for more detail on that), Jen Mellon, stood in front of remaining employees who were uncomfortable about the lay-offs and explained to them, “This is our (Jen and Danny’s) butcher shop and you are our meat.”
19. Predatory and Unscrupulous Marketing Practices – Danny Boice designed a marketing campaign to exploit victims and anyone who thought they were related to a victim of the Ashley Madison Hack. According to many experts, like cybersecurity expert, Troy Hunt characterized this marketing campaign as downright unethical. Trustify was rightly excoriated in this Reddit thread.
20. Vacation or Business Trip – Jen Mellon and Danny Boice take multiple expensive vacations. Current and former employees report they believe these vacations are expensed to the company. One employee of Trustify reported that they often fly on private jets. A former employee reports that during a two week trip to Italy, Jen told the staff that no one is to bother them with business. This is not the activities and actions of a startup founder that are trying to build a business for their investors. They frequently use private jets paid for by the company for personal travel. This is the action of fraudsters and hucksters pretending to run a business while bilking investors and siphoning off investor money to fund a lavish lifestyle. Kind of like when Danny disappeared in the wilds of Las Vegas while he was a co-founder of Speek. It has the familiar ring of when Danny dropped out for days, no word to his then-current wife and company and showed up after sticking the company with a reported $40,000 credit card bill. (8/25 Update, according to people who work at Trustify, Danny and Jennifer are on vacation right now.)
21. Absentee Leaders – Jen and Danny work from home often…. in fact, when I post blogs about them they routinely access them from their Alexandria home at 11 AM on weekday mornings. A current employee reports that Jen and Danny are rarely in their expensively decorated office. This employee also reports the company runs better when Danny and Jen are not in the office. Startup Founders should be very involved in leading their troops… Danny and Jen are not and in this case, that’s a good thing. (Multiple Sources)
22. Adult Fiscal Supervision – Danny fired his CFO when the CFO started asking questions about the books. Multiple CFOs, COOs, Board Members have run away from this company due to the cooked books bookkeeping. My cursory analysis of the business indicates that sales do not support the lifestyle of scam artist Boice. Danny was not born to money and he’s had no business exits to explain his luxury lifestyle. It is always a red flag when a company goes through multiple CFOs. They recently, in July 2015 added a virtual unknown, Joseph Burns (pictured below), with no bio or LinkedIn history as a VP of finance. Joseph Burns is a family friend of Jen Mellon’s family and it will be interesting to see if he is a man of ethics or if he participates in the scam. If he makes it a month… he’s not a CFO, he’s an accomplice. Word is that this clown is a family friend and unlikely to raise any red flags (Fact and opinion).
Danny Fired Joe Burns in August
23. Leaky Vessel – Danny has demonstrated he is a horrible leader and the evidence of this is how employees, former employees, former partners, leak information to me and others. Great leaders inspire loyalty. With the high turnover and all the people leaking information about Danny’s malfeasance, it is a fact that Danny is not a leader. (Fact)
24. Winner of Worst Wolf of Startupland – Danny nosed-out Jen Mellon his wife and co-conspirator (she probably would have beaten him by a nose if she hadn’t had a recent schnoz reduction surgical procedure) for Worst Wolf of Startupland.
25. IRS Tax Fraud – It appears that Danny and Jen are using investor money to fund living expenses and not claiming those expensed items as income, if in fact true, Danny Boice, and his wife Jen Mellon are cheating American Taxpayers. They take personal vacations on company money, they have servants working in their home reportedly on the company payroll. They fly on private company paid jets and don’t appear to be claiming all these company paid benefits as income. Are they paying their fair share in taxes and are we the taxpayer are picking up their burden? The IRS needs to investigate these issues.
26. Barred From Doing Business in Arizona – March 2018, Trustify is barred from doing business in Arizona due to a cease and desist order.
27. Fined for Infractions – The state of Virginia fined the company $2,500 for operating without a license.
28. Barred From Doing Business in the Home State of Virginia – As of March 3, 2018, they are banned from doing business in Virgnia.
29. Bullying and Terrorizing Ex-Wife – According to this GoFundMe Campaign (link and please donate) authored by Debbie Bailey, the sister of Joanne Boice, the ex-wife of Danny Boice, Danny has been using economic terrorism to bully his wife. A man who owns a $1.7 million house, has four cars including a Tesla and sends his new Wife’s 2 kids to expensive $30K per year private schools only pays no child support and only $700 per month in alimony to the mother of 2 of his children. Before he cheated on his ex-wife with one of her best friends, the couple had decided that she would stay home and take care of the children. Now with little job history, she is economically challenged and Danny Boice is using that economic position to take custody of his kids away in the courts. Read the heartbreaking story, about how he used his companies, private detectives, to spy on her. Danny and his new Wife Jen Mellon claim to be Born Again Christians I wonder how they face their fellow parishioners at Metro Church DC? Please read this story and give if you can.
Update, on 12/3/2018, Danny Boice gave up legal custody of his children in liu of having to go to court and have witnesses testify against him that included, his mother as a witness for Danny’s Ex-wife, and me.
30. He’s Lazy – He never goes to work! This is a startup and the CEO is constantly AWOL. Here he is at his home on a workday, 3:39 PM, June 5, 2018. He’s employees and former employees say that he and Jennifer Mellon his wife and retroactive-cofounder are never in the office. Even though they have servants on the Trustify payroll to take care of their house and kids.
31. Co-Founder CommuniClique – Danny is the co-founder of CommuniCligue with his long-term buddy and Business Partner Andy Powers. The Courts in Virginia fined Andy Powers $10 million for doing the same thing Danny is doing with Trustify. Defrauding investors, lying about the business, the revenue and not being transparent with the books (See this post).
32. Contempt of Court In Order to Hide Accounting Data – Danny refused to present Trustify Financial Documents ordered by the court for discovery of a child custody case he initiated and then dropped. His wife countersued and because Danny did not comply with the court order he was sanctioned, not allowed to present evidence in the case.
33. PR Firm Sues Boice and Trustify – According to the Washington Business Journal, Danny Boice spent $600 thousand dollars of investor money to create an autobiographical documentary aggrandizing the promoting the personal brand of Danny and his wife Jen Mellon
Boice hired a PR firm to protect him from bad press racking-up $200 thousand dollars in fees. Boice failed to pay and the company filed a $240 thousand lawsuit to seek damages. The lawsuit alleges that Boice created a fraudulent receipt alleging that Trustify paid the bill (see post).The Washington Business Journal reported that Danny failed to pay multiple employees and Private Investigators and is currently being sued by eight employees (see Washington Business Journal article).
33. Deadbeats – Danny Boice and/or Trustify owe the following creditors:
- Dini von Mueffling Communications LLC – Suing for $240 thousand
- Eight former employees, Matthew Scott, Elisabeth Nugent, Kevin Wiggins, Stacy Blackburn, Bey Wesley, Matthew Blanchard, Bernadette Vielhaber and Andrew Little – Suing for $35 thousand
- Buckley Sandler LLP,
- Kastle Systems
- JBG Smith Properties
- Former Wife – Joanne Boice – Back child support and court costs (as of March 2019 for $45,000)
- Court Judgement, $7,250 against him from Northern Virginia cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon Suzanne Kim Doud Galli
- Multiple contract Private Investigators – Estimated to be in excess of ove $150 thousand
- Is Evicted by Trustify Landlord JBG Smith and the court agreed Boice owes JBG Smith $260,000.
34. Investor Lawsuit – Trustify Investor Anchorage Capital Sues Danny Boice for Embezzlement and Fraud (see here)
35. Worst Glassdoor Employee Rating – Check out the Glassdoor reviews. They are horrible.
36. Fraud Allegations in Court – See article
37. Boice Goes to Jail for failing to pay Child Support –
Danny Boice Articles
- The Danny Boice Trustify Demand Letter Affair
- Letter Documenting His Crimes at The College Board
- Real Entrepreneurs Don’t Need No Stinkin Harvard Diploma
- Dis-Trustify: Is #DCTech’s Trustify Trustworthy?
- Fact Vs Opinion
- Trustify Lies And Washington Business Journal Bites
- Washington Business Journal Buys Danny Boice Lies
- Trustify Retroactive Co-Founder Jen Mellon
- Trustify Update
- The IRS Should Investigate Trustify
- March Dumpster Fire Update
- Staff Turnover